Wednesday, April 7, 2010

chasing the cloud...

Through many so-called "random" events this morning something that has slipped my mind was quickly brought back to my memory. It impacted me so much that it motivated me to start my own blog, which is a first.

With saying that, I find it fascinating how the Lord brings different people into our lives for different reasons, even if we do not realize it until later on down the road. The body of Christ is something I've really been taken with lately, how we need each other, help each other, and motivate each other among many other things. Someone who has become a very dear friend to me sent me an email this morning discussing whether or not the Lord wanted to her to "wait" or "go". Upon reading the email I immediately thought of Moses leading the Israelites out of captivity. Not until that moment had the intensity and reality of the "cloud" hit me. The Lord appeared to the Israelities and led them by a cloud through their journery. In Numbers 9:17-23 it says,
"Whenever the cloud lifted from over the sacred tent, the people of Israel would break camp and follow it. And wherever the cloud settled, the people of Israel would set up camp. In this way, they traveled and camped at the Lord's command wherever he told them to go. "

So...reading this it all hit me piece by piece. This is my life. When the cloud moves, I move. Sometimes in life we have absolutely no idea- no idea when, where, or how we are going to wherever or whatever we are going to- but the Lord does. Sometimes we have no option but to just precisely move when the cloud does. We don't know how long the cloud might stay-days, months, years. However, the Lord is still ever-present in that time. His presence does not waiver. We might have to stay at camp for awhile, but the good news is- the cloud will eventually move. We then will pick & go, trusting where the Lord will lead us, walking in faith, maybe not knowing where we will land. But we need to stay with the cloud regardless. His timing is perfect. This is not to say that this is not trying or frustrating. The Israelities often complained and even stated wanting to go back to captivity. They knew no better, but He did. He knew where they were going and how much better they would be there, the blessing it would bring them. This rings true in our lives as well. The Lord knows where we are going, and he never leaves us. He knows better.
"For I know the plans I have for, declares the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me."                  -Jeremiah 29:11-13 

His presence or "cloud" per se is still hovering over us regardless whether we know what's going on or whether we like what's happening or not. The Lord's characteristics do not change with our circumstances or seasons. He is still on the throne. He is still ruling. God is still God. He is bigger than anything we face. Praise the Lord, He knows me better than I know myself. I don't know where my life is going, but I do know one thing. I want to follow, or rather chase, the cloud. I want to be right in His will, not missing what He has for me. Wherever that may be. I confidently know that he will not forsake me. This realization today, which I am so thankful for, will be something that I seek everyday, making sure I am in tune with His Spirit, trusting, and chasing Him; knowing that in Him is everything, and where He wants me is exactly where I want to be.
"Farmers who wait for perfect weather never plant. If they watch every cloud, they never harvest. Just as you cannot understand the path of the wind or the mystery of a tiny baby growing in its mother's womb, so you cannot understand the activity of God, who does all things." (Ecclesiastes 11:4-5)

1 comment:

  1. You are such an encouragement. :) I am so excited to see where God is leading you. I'm proud of you for seeking Him every day through every moment! What a beautiful example of faith.

    ReplyDelete