Friday, June 10, 2011

mis bebés

A year ago today I was in what I consider my second home, Honduras. Though the month long stay wasn't all glamorous, it was one of the biggest blessings in my life. It stretched and grew me in ways I couldn't have imagined. There is something beautiful about being completely stripped of all comfort zones. What I took away from there could never ever be replaced. I am beyond grateful for the experience. Today I missin' my sweet little babies. Some days they'll be etched on my mind all day. They are apart of me now. After all, it's where I realized my call of ministry. They are my family; my brothers and sisters, just a little ways away that's all.

Jalisa, just a pure JOY. I mean look at her...

the older girls kitchen- it was where I worked the whole time I was there. They come off super tough, but they have so much love to give. The 10 "big" girls I was around; I truly consider my sisters. so much love for them.

the pequenos ninas house- it's where I went every morning for devotion and singing. How cute are they?
Albertina - oh my sister. I would be willing to bet she is one of the closest things to grace, mercy, and compassion walked out. She is so beautiful inside and out. 

Isaias - If I could claim him as my own, I would. I did physical therapy with him every morning, and he is my pride and joy. Though he cannot speak, he spoke more to me in that month than anyone. I love him so very much. 

so thankful for all of them today, praying for them miles away, but loving them as if I was right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment