Wednesday, May 27, 2015

it's a family tradition

Since I was a little girl, I remember getting together with my family for almost everything - family members' birthdays, graduations, holidays, Sunday night dinners, and many more. I love that my family instilled in me the art of celebrating, bringing people together to celebrate other people, for everyone to be a part. It was never out of the norm, for 20 or more people to be gathered in one of my family member's living room, with a buzz of chatter filling the room. When I think about all of the really significant moments in my life, and in my family's life, we've always all been there. In the hospital when babies are born or someone is sick, at baseball/softball games from t-ball to high school, award ceremonies, birthdays, you name it. For as long as I remember, I've always felt celebrated with or celebrating victories of the others, whether big or small.




I still to this day love GATHERING with those dear to me and CELEBRATING. I love when people come together to celebrate someone or something, whether it be the first day of a new job, new opportunity for someone, a birthday, a new house, or just for the sake of getting together. I am fortunate that along the way I have made friends that have now become like family to me. Whether we are across town, across the country, or the world, we find a way to be there for each other in the victories. (Even if that means we have to meet in the middle in a snuggly cabin tucked away in the Carolina mountains to do it)




There is something powerful in showing up and saying "yes" we are with you and for you. To have a cheering section in the ups and downs of life. We were never meant to do it alone. How the Lord made community is one of the most beautiful things, everyone with their own strengths and weaknesses to come together for the greater Good.

I encourage you to find someone or something to celebrate with those you love. It's one of the sweetest reflections of the Lord's heart for community.


No comments:

Post a Comment