Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Sunday's best

Sunday's have easily become my favorite day of the week. Sabbath - something that I've been learning a lot about lately. That my soul was yearning for. That it is so important to retreat and realize that our value is not in our work, but from who we are not what we do. The createdness of ourselves in view of the Creator, not the created of our human hands. I will be the first one to admit that this slips to the back of my mind way too much. So I am fighting to protect the Sabbath and learn the importance of withdrawing, retreating, and recalibrating my heart. and that is the BEST for me.

My sweet friend, Christian, and I have started a Sunday tradition of cooking a meal and a fellowshipping with one another. It's good the soul and has also taught me so much - the significance of the table & community. It's not perfect and pretty hilarious, trial and error. It involves mostly lots of chips and salsa, wine, and laughs when the meals don't go exactly according to plan. Hey, but it's a process. A learning process. We also celebrate the process of life at the table. Even the little victories are worth celebrating. Ending a busy work, cheers to that. Overcoming a fear, cheers to that. Coming in to your own, cheers to that.

I love when the kitchen soars with the aroma of whatever we are cooking, and lots and lots of chatter. It's my happy place.


“The heart of hospitality is about creating space for someone to feel seen and heard and loved. It's about declaring your table a safe zone, a place of warmth and nourishment.” -Shauna Niequist, Bread & Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table, with Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment