Saturday, December 4, 2010

take time to listen

"My thoughts are not your thoughts; neither are your ways My ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways and thoughts higher than yours. Remember who I am when you spend time with Me. Marvel at the wonder of being able to commune with the King of the universe-any time, any place. Never take this amazing privilege for granted!

Though I am vastly higher and greater than you, I am training you to think My thoughts. As you spend time in My Presence, My thoughts gradually form in your mind. My Spirit is the Director of this process. Sometimes He brings Bible verses to mind. Sometimes He enables you to hear Me "speak" directly to you. These communications strengthen you and prepare you for whatever is before you on your life path. Take time to listen to My voice. Through your sacrifice of precious time, I bless you far more than you dare to ask."
[from Jesus Calling]

This was such an encouragement to me when I read it today. Remembering who the Lord is constantly as we approach Him is something we tend to forget. SO many times I get "busy" and don't listen to the Lord's voice. This is definitely a season for consecration for me, and a time where I climb the mountain with my hands wide open. 


No comments:

Post a Comment