Sunday, August 1, 2010

simplicity.

America, it's been beautiful being back. How I took the small things for granted. God Bless ya!

However, there is one thing of many that I really miss about Honduras. That being-simplicity. I guess I had not noticed it until I didn't have it. There are so many distractions that we face everyday, all day. Cell phones. T.V. Computer. It's constant. Even as soon as I walked off the airplane it was like walking from simplicity into a chaotic-emailing-checking world. Everyone was on their cell phones. I myself am guilty of this and have no room to talk, but not having any of these things for a month I realized how great it is -to just be.

In Hondo, we spent a lot of time just talking to each other and really getting to know each other- talking about what we happened that day, what we learned, our struggles, etc. It was really cool to just wake up early in the morning & read on the backporch or in the afternoons when I got home from the kitchen. I loved this and it really built a community within us.

I'm really learning to appreciate things, taking it all in. enjoying the moment. Something about it is totally recalibrating, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment