Wednesday, November 24, 2010

revealed blessings.

From my favorite devotional Jesus Calling, encouraging little exerpt (hope you will be encouraged as well):

"As you go through this day, look for tiny treasures strategically placed along the way. I lovingly go before you and plan little pleasures to brighten your day. Look carefully for them, and pluck them one by one. When you reach the end of the day, you will have gathered a lovely bouquet. Offer it up to Me with a grateful heart. Receive My Peace as you lie down to sleep, with thankful thoughts playing a lullaby in your mind."

"You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound. In peace I will both lie down and sleep for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety." 
{Psalm 4:7-8}

Lately, I have just noticed just how beautiful the fall colors are this year. They seem to be more vibrant and more alive than ever. Especially in the mornings -- The way the light hits the trees and the yellows, oranges, and reds really come out. I thank the Lord for that pleasure that brightens my day. His craftsmanship is remarkable.

beautiful tree in my backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment