Sunday, June 27, 2010

to Hondo I go...


The day has finally come that I will be leaving for Honduras for the month of July to work at Orphanage Emmanuel. Wow, it's hard to believe that it is finally here. I feel I have been talking about it forever. I am really excited & I know this month is going to be really good for me. I know the Lord has a lot to teach/show me and I cannot wait! I'm excited to get back to the country that I fell in love with. It's go to be great as well to experience it in a different way that I did before, it's going to be like I've never been before. I love that I will be seeing it with new eyes.


I am praying for the Lord's love to flow through me since His is limitless and mine is limited. I know at times it will be tiring, but the Lord will provide ever-flowing strength. My prayer is to be face to face with Him all day everyday, drawing from Him, and not from myself. Because I will fail without HIM.

"The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring."
{Isaiah 58:11}

I am praying for the precious people of that country- not only the ones I will be with everday (which are definitely on my heart), but also as a country. The Lord has broken my heart for Honduas and its people. I am super excited to actually be there and praying on their behalf.

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed."
{Isaiah 61:1}



You know a lot of times we go into these trips thinking we are going to give and give, but really in the end we are the ones given to. It's an extremely beautiful thing---that we as a body can experience that. Love doesn't have certain forms or certain conditions in which it can be shown or recieved (I've been learning this a lot lately). That is so cool to me. It can come in the most unexpected ways, but it sure does knock you off your feet when you experience love like that. The joy that comes from that can't explained. That's what I really took away from Honduras the last time I was there. It just set the stage for me. Isn't that how we should love everyday? freely, without conditions? Or maybe without knowing the person at all? I pray that this will ring true in my life. Praying that the Lord will show & teach me the reality of that this month.

 I'm expectant of how the Lord is going to move there and in myself.

Peace out USA! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'll miss you so much! But I will definitely be praying for you and the people of Honduras. love ya sista

    ReplyDelete