Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 13: Saturdays in Hondo

Saturdays in Honduras could possibly be one of my most favorite things. I love waking up to these beautiful mountains & hearing the voices of the girls & boys playing outside. It was kind of cold today because of the crazy rain storm we had last night. We all sat on the porch outside that overlooks the "yards" where the kids play for the better part of the morning, listening to music and talking. It's a glorious thing.

Then we cleaned our house and had a dance party. Yes with brooms and mops included. Many laughs happen in this house with these girls, so thankful for them!

After lunch I played with the little girls for a little bit then I went to hang out with my sweet friend, Albertina. I know I say this a lot, but she is one of the most genuine, precious people I have ever met. I just love being around her, she teaches me so much.

I learned today that she has been here since she was 5, so for 11 years. She also has one sister that lives in Tegucigalpa, the capital city, with their mom. Due to my limited Spanish I couldn't really figure out why she wasn't with her mother as well. We went for a walk and then met up with some of the other older girls. I am thankful for the time I get to spend with them because I definitely feel like the older girls are my ministry here.

 My new goal is trying to learn all of their stories but it's hard with the language barrier.  I am incredibly thankful that I have found my kind of niche here. My role per se. I am kind of thankful too that it's a times a difficult one (even though that's weird to say), because I have no other explaination for getting through other than the Lord. When I am weak, He is strong.

ALSO, We found Betty Crocker chocolate cake in town at the Supermarcado so we are making it for a random celebration of America. America, we miss your food. Sorry rice & beans, you aren't cutting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment