Sunday, July 18, 2010

everyone has a story.

You know those days when something happens to you that you feel like you can't write it down or retell someone because you feel like words don't suffice?...

Well tonight was was such a time as that. All the volunteers had bible study tonight, and Michael one of the volunteers who is 60 years old gave his testimony tonight. I almost hesitated in writing about it because there is no way to adequately express the magnitude of this hard yet beautiful story of the Lord's magnifying glory. He has been some extreme trials, yet rejoices with the truth that he now tangibly knows that "all things work together for the good of those who love God." (Romans 8:28)

He inspires me to push forward, trusting the Lord with every step because He is forever faithful. And Michael, he is a walking example. Michael has been called here to Orphanage Emmanuel, and literally sold everything to get here. He had it "all" as we say, but the Lord said I have something else for you. He literally lives by faith. He has nothing, except for his faith in the Lord who has brought him through the toughest and darkest days of his life. There is much more to the story, and I couldn't do it justice. I also can pack 3 hours of a beautiful unfolding story into one blog post.

But I will say this. Everyone has a story. Something the Lord has really placed on my heart is that we are a body, "permeated with Oneness". We should get to know the where, what, when of the people we are encountering. We never know what they actually could add to the story the Lord is writing for us. The Spirit is weaving in and out, forming a wave. How cool is to meet peole of all ages that their heart is beating for the same thing as yours as mine?

The last thing Michael would want is for someone to praise him for what he has done, or who he is today. As he says, "you can replace every 'I' in my story with Jesus."

...and to that I say Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment