Monday, July 26, 2010

reality.

This morning the reality of me leaving really hit me. I was at circle with the little girls and I was holding their hands like I normally do, but for some reason this wave of "oh my goodness, I'm leaving them in two days" hit me like a ton of bricks. I almost lost it right there. Looking back into these beautiful faces of the girls that I have been with for a month and knowing that I am going to have to tell them "goodbye" tomorrow, until I don't know when, isn't the best feeling I have had.

The older girls understand what is happening. They know that there is a possibility I won't be back. They are used to people leaving them, EVEN THOUGH it doesn't make the situation easier. We have really bonded and I feel like I'm leaving some of my best friends.

I know the Lord has called me to Honduras for this specific period of time and that time is up. I know their is purpose in this, and He has prepared my heart to leave, even though it is going to be extremely difficult. I'm thankful for a sovereign Lord that knows exactly when things need to happen, and has maticulously woven our lives together for certain events and times. 

I have been extremely blessed by this experience, and have learned more than I could have ever imagined. The Lord has stretched me in ways I didn't know I could be stretched and I am forever grateful for this season. Praying for my sisters.



"I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them." {1 Timothy 2:1}

No comments:

Post a Comment