Saturday, July 17, 2010

Song of Solomon 2:13

This morning I woke up and I was just tired. Not tired as in being sleepy but my spirit was exhausted. I was completely at the end of myself. I needed to be filled again. Needed to be alone, me and the Lord. Just us.

I got by myself and opened my devotional book, Jesus Calling. The first sentence was, "Come away with me for a while. The world, with its nonstop demands, can be put on hold." This was a sigh of relief for me. The Lord really spoke peace over my weary self.

The fig trees are forming young fruit, and the fragrant grapevines are blossoming. Rise up, my darling! Come away with me, my fair one!"
Song of Solomon 2:13

It was like I needed an okay to be still. That verse means so much to me. It's like the Lord is saying, "Listen you have planted the seeds. Come away with me and let me do the rest." My weeks are always so jam packed that I have just adjusted to the tempo of the world, always moving always doing something. Constantly pouring out. However, it is not in our nature to never stop. We are weak. It is the Lord who makes us strong.

I'm really trying to focus making my alone time with the Lord my highest priority. I know I am here to pour out. But He said to me "You are my child too, let me take care of you as well. Without me you cannot pour out or bless them." When I am closer to the Lord I can pour out more so the kids will benefit with me spending precious time with the Lord as well.

It talked about Luke 10:41-42, when the Lord came to visit Mary and Martha. Martha was so "worried and upset over all the details" yet Mary was sitting at the Lord's feet, listening to what He was teaching. Martha asked the Lord to tell Mary to help her prepare the dinner. Yet the Lord said, "There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her."

My prayer is that I become more like Mary for the rest of my time here, really dwelling in the presence of the Lord, saturating myself in His word.

"If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be RADIANT as though a floodlight were filling you with light."
{Luke 11:36}

-- JOY: Rachel and I got the chance to take Isieus (our adorable special needs child, whom we both claim to be our "little baby") to see his real sister, Sili. It was one of the most precious moments I have ever experienced. I couldn't help but well up with tears as I got to see this sweet sister see her brother for the first time in months. I couldn't help but just SMILE from ear to ear the whole time they were together. I realized in that moment how many things I take for granted. Here was this sister & brother before me, without parents, holding each other for the few minutes they had-- and you could tell that time was so very dear to them. WOW! What a blessing it was to be able to behold that. We are so lucky to be able to come in contact with our loved ones frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment